Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Inception - New Revalation


So not only did I like this movie, I think I have finally zeroed in on a movie preference, which at the same time has helped me understand my issues with fantasy movies...now I know what you are thinking..."Isnt inception a fantasy movie?" Yes. But let me explain...first the movie review then my thoughts...

I did like the movie. I really like the ensemble of actors they had in it. I think...yea...ill confess something. I like Leo. There I said it. I think the movies he chooses to do are awesome and he does a really good job at selling his character. Good actor in my opinion, probably one of my favorites right now. Ellen Page does a good job at adding that "I am innocent but have some spunk attitude" to the film. And of course Joseph Gorden-Levitt is great. It was nice to see him in the role he played. It was much more authoritative and less of a 500 Days of Summer role, which was nice.

Ok ok. I realized something the other night when I was talking to my friend Tom. I have never really gotten into fantasy movies (Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, etc). Its not that I really dislike them, its more like I just dont prefer them, but I have been trying more and more and they are slowing growing on me. But what I realized is that I prefer "Altered Reality Movies." Well thats what I am calling it anyway. And Inception fits this role. So, I consider altered reality as movies, or any story for that matter, that is based in a reality setting, but gets or is slightly altered. Another example of this is "District 9" (blog coming soon). Based in reality, but is altered by the presence of Aliens.

Super Heros. I have always struggled with. Batman is the only one I ever got into, even as a kid. But now it makes sense. Its altered reality. Other movies that fit this Edward Scissorhands, All the Pirates of Caribbean movies, Donnie Darko, and Fight Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment