Thursday, December 23, 2010

District 9


I loved this movie. I really did. The story to me was completely original and unique. To me, this makes a great movie. I feel like every concept of 'Aliens' has been tapped into, but this one stands alone.

I really liked that they used some no name actors. It made the movie way more believable as a "documentary" rather than just a film. Which is another really interesting concept that I havent really seen done so well before: making a movie that is actually a documentary. Moving from one interview to another and before you know it, you are following around a certain character. The movie fits that certain genre that I created and LOVE: Altered Reality.

I think the movie has some truth to. Take it for what its worth, im just a human, not a prone. The main character, Wikus, is in charge of relocating the aliens to a new living quarter which he obviously is met with hostility. Without going into too much detail, he ends up helping some of them escape and slowly becomes infected with alien bacterial DNA (its sci fi ok). So he has to reason being amongst these creatures while he waits for them to come back for him. Basically he becomes something that he never thought he would, and now has to live like that.

I definitely feel this sometimes. If you would have asked me 5 and a half years ago if I would be where I am today, I would have laughed at you. But now, I couldnt ask for anything else. I have the most beautiful life I could dream of, and am living for something else, not of this world, and not aliens either. God has given me the most beautiful wife in the world, I am obsessed with my job, friends, art, creating, and music.

So yea, I liked it.


...Not to mention, one time, my best friend growing up, Franky, and I were playing basketball let one night at his house. It must have been like 3 in the morning. We were playing when the ball rolled in the front yard where the light didnt show. We chased it out there, when our eyes meet the sky. Before we new it, there was something hovering over Frankys house. Im not joking. Then, whatever it was, shot a light down that scanned his yard. Then, as quick as it happened, the light turned off and the object shot over the house and out of site.
Not I dont believe in Aliens, but what was it?

1 comment: