Thursday, December 23, 2010

500 Days of Summer




It was good. In one way, I think this is one of the most honest movies I have seen in a long time. Yea, honest. Thats a good way I would describe this movie. Zoey plays typical Zoey, independent women, doesnt need help, or has to commit to anything, while romantic Gordon-Levitt falls head over heels for her. I like the story because every romantic movie is about how the girl struggles with finding that perfect guy blah blah blah. And this one, its the other way around.

Believe it or not, I think this is more the way the world works these days. More and more, as Tyler Durden would say, "We are a generation of men, raised by women." Therefore guys are becoming more romantics then maybe before, and women are being trained more and more that a man is not what they need, more so, a job, career, their own place identifies them, more than a husband or family.

HOWEVER...

The way the movie was shot, was, I think, incredible. I love the idea of skipping around day-today. And seeing the emotions, ups and downs, that he was experiencing. Pretty cool in my book. Very cool soundtrack, however, the soundtrack is creating a culture. Most of those songs had come out 10 years ago or later. Put them in a cooly shotten movie, and now they are cool? Listen to old music people. Music is not infinite - get to know all of it.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part was when he was smashing plates. A great scene.

    ReplyDelete