Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's Kind of a Funny Story



Not what I expected, in a really good way. Its really hard for me to like an actor so much, like Zach Galifianakis, only because, I like them so much, want to see them in more movies, but at the same time, dont want to see them "Adam-Sandler-Themselves" and be in every...single...movie...that...pops...up. That gets old, and just not funny anymore, which is exactly why I like Zach Galifianakis. I read in an interview recently with him that he refuses to do that. He said that he has had about 25 movie offers since his big break in "The Hangover" and about 20 of those were to play a similar role as he did in that film. But he realizes that problem and steers away from that.

Also in the same interview, Zach said that this is probably one of the closest roles to real life he will ever play. He admits to dealing with some psychological disorders, but also claims that probably every does if they admit it. I really like his role, it was funny, but not over the top funny, and extremely emotional, which I dont want to say is out of the box for him, because he said it wasnt himself.

Ok, enough about Zach, the movie itself was great. Not what I was expecting. A movie with slow moving plot, but you dont realize that. Really good in the sense that it looks into the modern teen life as well and some thought process one might have.

I really enjoyed the cinematography. Interesting way the story is told, I dont want to give too much away, but I will share a favorite scene...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmWijEbozWI&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment